Deswik User Conference 2018
The Deswik User Conference is the ideal forum for those willing to develop their skills, connect with industry peers and enhance their technical knowledge through engaging with others’ experiences. Join us for this educational three-day event, and gain insight into real world applications of the latest mine planning technology.
By attending the Deswik User Conference you will:
- See innovative applications through real case studies presented by like-minded professionals.
- Gain some advanced skills through one-on-one mentoring opportunities.
- Connect and exchange ideas with industry peers.
- Learn to solve your issues. Bring your data and get personalized assistance.
- Influence the direction of our future developments – tell us what is important to your business.
- Discover our latest roadmap and important technical enhancements.
Key Conference Themes
The 2018 Deswik User Conference is an opportunity to learn about the value and benefits that can be achieved by applying the latest technology and techniques to solve real-world mining problems.
- Latest thinking and learnings from successful technology implementations – including project management, change management and risks
- Best practices for integrated & optimized planning
- Design and scheduling tips & tricks
- Planning for the future: liability, cost reduction and mine closure
- Data handling and visualization
Dr. Sidney Dekker
Professor, pilot, and best-selling author
Head of Digital Customer Success, Barrick Gold
Senior Mining Engineer, Vale Canada Ltd
Senior Mine Engineer, North American Palladium
Principal Engineer: Operating Systems, Goldfields
Section Manager, Mine Planning - Boliden
Senior Mining Engineer, Vale Brazil
Consultant Mining Engineering, SRK Consulting UK
Specialist in implementing step-change technology & process
Fernando Madeira Perisse
Mining Engineer, Nexa Resources
Principal Hydrogeochemist, RGS Environmental Pty Ltd
Principal Mining Consultant, Mining Plus
Bruna Oliveira Rozendo
Mining Engineer, MCB
Principal Consultant, SRK Consulting (Canada)
Director, Alford Mining Systems
Managing Director, Minnovare
Standard 3-Day pass
includes full access to the conference, catering and networking functions. Accommodation not included.
The Deswik User Conference 2018 will take place at the Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort on the Gold Coast, Australia, a 5 minute drive from Surfers Paradise beach and just minutes away from a vast array of dining and shopping precincts. The hotel is also located 40 minutes north of the Gold Coast Airport and only a 1 hour drive away from Brisbane and both the domestic and international airports.
A preferential rate of $250 per room per night has been secured for conference delegates. Bookings can be made via a private link which will be shared upon registration.